bigwolfoncampus.org | Forum | Actors And Stuff | Satan's School for Girls (2000)
bigwolfoncampus.org » forum » actors and stuff » satan's school for girls (2000)

Author   Thread: Satan's School for Girls (2000) 
    10-24-2006  2:12 AM  
 Spooka Lupa
 User

Jun. 13, 2002

So when I heard the remake of Satan's School for Girls was airing on ABCFamily for Halloween, I didn't know anything about it except Aimee Castle was in it.

Now, I've been suckered into watching some awful movies just to see a BWoC cast member...in fact, every one Aimee Castle has been in has been pretty awful. This one almost reached the awfulness of When He Didn't Come Home, but WHDCH will remain the top awful movie Aimee Castle has been in for now.

Shannon Doherty was in this movie. She was the starring role, but she wasn't doing any acting. I think she was supposed to be mysterious and closed, but mostly I could hear a barely audible snore from her every time she was on screen. I was waiting second by second for an EMOTION, a twitch of the face, something to indicate that she wasn't dead, but I didn't get it. Even in the climactic ending, she seemed bored out of her mind. Also? I'm not buying the college student thing, or the male model teacher's aid she was romantic with (until he was either killed or showed up randomly in the end--I couldn't tell if it was him or just another pretty boy). The movie was so boring, and I had no idea about any of the plot until the ending, when I was like, "OH! Witches. Or devil-worshippers. Or dog-people. Or the Student Council." I missed a bit of the beginning, but I don't think that would have helped. Normally-exciting moments fell flat, and it was because the lead actress had no charisma. She discovers she has the power to make lamps turn on by themselves and explode. Fun, right? HER FACE DOES NOT CHANGE. And she just goes on about her business and doesn't mention this new magical power again until it's convenient for the plot in the end.

Aimee Castle plays one of the bad guys, one of the "Five," but don't be fooled into thinking you'll see her more than two minutes in the movie. I don't know what she was doing while the other three of the "Five" (they were trying to recruit Doherty as the fifth) were going around school and acting menacing, but she doesn't even show up until ten minutes until the ending (and she says about two lines before getting BURNED ALIVE). Maybe she showed up in the beginning, but I don't know. Also, the guy who played Butch shows up briefly, and I think he has one line...That's it for him.

Want to know the twist of the ending? Yeah, I do too, because I don't know what it was supposed to mean. I guess a crow shows up in her front yard and they do one of those "cut/zoom" dramatic shots of her falling aslee--I mean, being affected in some way. I don't know what emotion she was trying to convey, but it doesn't matter, because that was the end.

If you just want to see Aimee, tune in to the movie for the last twenty to thirty minutes and you'll hear two lines. Then see her get fried, which was kinda funny except I couldn't tell what was going on. Also, Buffy fans will be happy to know that Julie Benz (Darla) has a starring role alongside Doherty as (you guessed it) one of the evil "Five." She's also got some weird relationship with one of the college professors.

Not worth watching, not even for Aimee...so I'd just skip it. But in case you wanted to know, the movie is airing again in a couple nights.
 [edited by Spooka Lupa on 10-24-2006 02:15 AM]
    10-24-2006  3:41 AM  
 lycanthropy_mast
 User

Feb. 10, 2001

Shannon Doherty freaks me out...

I mean look at her eye:

It looks like it is trying to ESCAPE or something. Her eye is running away, or melting off of her face!
 [edited by lycanthropy_mast on 10-24-2006 03:59 AM]
    10-24-2006  5:17 PM  
 RaistlinMajere
 User

Oct. 19, 2006

Oooh.
Now THATS creepy.
    10-26-2006  4:33 PM  
 -Tommy Dawkins-
 User

Sep. 21, 2004

Was Ivonne DeCarlo, Lily in The Munsters, in the original or the remake of SSFG?
    10-26-2006  6:11 PM  
 AshMarie0788
 User

Sep. 11, 2004

No.
    10-07-2009  4:05 AM  
 Spooka Lupa
 User

Jun. 13, 2002

Watched the movie again, three years later.

Surprisingly, it wasn't any better.
    10-13-2009  2:37 AM  
 Spooka Lupa
 User

Jun. 13, 2002

Fun fact: Aimee Castle is a racist in this movie. Only a watered-down, has three-scenes and an anticlimactic reveal, racist.

Sort of. She mentions African Americans and apparently that makes her a racist.

It doesn't make any more sense in the movie.
    10-13-2009  10:45 AM  
 Adam
 Webmaster

Jul. 17, 2000

...and didn't Danny play a Neo-Nazi or something in White Lies?
    10-13-2009  6:18 PM  
 Spooka Lupa
 User

Jun. 13, 2002

Ha ha, I didn't know that. Well he's got the blonde hair, blue eyes thing going on...
    10-14-2009  5:49 AM  
 Milary
 User

Mar. 18, 2009

i could never really find that movie white lies. hmm it seems to me that our movie stores in my state stink they never have the good ones. like once i asked em if they had the movie diminished capicity and they just looked at me blankly.
    10-14-2009  9:05 PM  
 Dildo Of Doom
 Banned!!!!!!!!!!!!

Feb. 14, 2002

I was going to say "get Netflix," but it's hard to get on there too apparently. Right now it's unavailable.
    10-14-2009  9:23 PM  
 Milary
 User

Mar. 18, 2009

my older sister had it but it wasnt working for her either. she eventually cancelled. becuse of that and it was taking forever for her to get her movies. In fact she still has her last movie she rented. refuses to return it.......
    11-04-2009  7:15 PM  
 Spooka Lupa
 User

Jun. 13, 2002

http://www.amazon.com/White-Lies-Sarah-Polley/dp/6305736219/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1257380054&sr=1-1

Y'know, in case anyone still wanted it.
    11-05-2009  10:49 AM  
 Milary
 User

Mar. 18, 2009

thanks , next time i come acroos money that isnt for bills and late fees i will have to get it lol
    11-05-2009  11:51 AM  
 medb_of_light
 User

Mar. 26, 2001

Money like that exsists? Wow!

11-05-2009  8:41 PM  
 Milary
 User

Mar. 18, 2009

as amazing as it sounds in todays economy... yes it still does
    11-06-2009  11:45 AM  
 medb_of_light
 User

Mar. 26, 2001

Shit, I missed only three hours of work from being sick and I'm already not able to pay one of my bills. From. missing. three. hours. And I work six days a week.

11-06-2009  12:17 PM  
 Milary
 User

Mar. 18, 2009

i know what you mean.
    1-16-2012  6:25 PM  
 Gerk
 User

Jan. 16, 2012

how big is Danny's part in this one? Also wats the movie about?
    1-16-2012  6:43 PM  
 Bodacious Ta Ta
 User

Jul. 15, 2002

If you had actually read the thread you'd see it stars Aimee Castle, not Danny.

my mind

"We're all gay inside."- Justin
"My man parts squee'd in happiness."-Justin
"You make God cry at his puny orgasm."-Justin in chat
"One liners are fun. Mine just shit genius."- me

1-17-2012  8:39 AM  
 StaticSense
 Webmaster

Jul. 6, 2010

Well, Danny's part was pretty miniscule, considering he wasn't in the movie at all. Aimee however had a decent role.
    1-17-2012  9:32 AM  
 Bodacious Ta Ta
 User

Jul. 15, 2002

Was he doing that whole invisible acting thing again? Man I love that stuff!

my mind

"We're all gay inside."- Justin
"My man parts squee'd in happiness."-Justin
"You make God cry at his puny orgasm."-Justin in chat
"One liners are fun. Mine just shit genius."- me

1-17-2012  7:52 PM  
 Gerk
 User

Jan. 16, 2012

Hmmmm... that's what I get for reading this stuff while trying to do homework after being up since 4 am... Sorry guys!
    3-11-2012  11:38 PM  
 arigatou
 User

Mar. 8, 2012

In my opinion, our movie store in my state of smell, they will never have a good Like once, I asked them, if you have to reduce capacity for the film, they just HP 02 looked at me blankly.