bigwolfoncampus.org | Forum | Random Noise | Grammar lesson
bigwolfoncampus.org » forum » random noise » grammar lesson

Author   Thread: Grammar lesson 
    9-14-2006  7:42 PM  
 Dildo Of Doom
 Banned!!!!!!!!!!!!

Feb. 14, 2002

I was bored and annoyed earlier today, and I wrote a grammar lesson for MySpace. Now I'm crossposting, just because I can!

Your - Used to indicate possession. For example, "Don't forget your hat!"

You're - Contraction of 'you are.' Example: "You're such a great friend!"

Ur - Not equal to your or you're, but is rather an ancient Sumerian city.

You - Pronoun of the second person. Example: "Hey you! If you grab my ass one more time..."

U - The 21st letter of the English alphabet. Not interchangable with you.

To - Used for direction, limits, etc. Example: "I'm going to the store, do you need anything?" "Save up to $5!" "See that screwdriver? Give it to me, please."

Too - Used to mean 'excess.' Example: "You used way too much salt in these cookies!"

2 - Not an equal to to or too. Refers to a whole number that is more than one and less than three.

Their - Possessive form of "they." Example: "They sold their soul to the devil."

They're - Contraction of "they are."

There - A place. Example: "Don't go there, their food will give you the shits for weeks!"

4 - Not equal to 'for.' Refers to a whole number that is less than five and more than three.

B - Is not an acceptable substitute for 'be.' B is the second letter of the English alphabet.

I'm - Contraction of 'I am.'

Im - Not a word.

Don't - Contraction of 'do not.'

Dont - Not a word.

Yeah - Informal agreement. Example: "Yeah, I stole your puppy. What's your point?"

Ya - Not a word.

Thanks - Used to express gratitude. "Thanks for adding me!"

Thanx - Not a word.

Cause - The producer of a consequence. Example: "The cause of death was an amphetamine overdose."

'Cause - Informal. Contracted form of "because."

Cousin - A relative, usually the child of a parent's sibling.

Because - Used to give reason. Example: "I stayed home from school because I was sick."

Cuz - Not a word. Not interchangable with because or cousin.

Bcuz - Not a word. Not interchangable with because.

A - The first letter of the English alphabet. Also used in a logical manner before words that begin with a consonant. Example: "I'll have a plate of spaghetti and a Diet Coke, please."

An - Used in the same manner as A, but before words that begin with a vowel. Example: "Give me an order of egg rolls to go, please." See also: the Sumerian god of heaven.

No - A negative. Not interchangable with know. Example: "No, I will not have sex with you."

Know - To understand. Example: "You know I'm not going to have sex with you."
 [edited by Dildo Of Doom on 09-14-2006 08:14 PM]
    9-14-2006  8:27 PM  
 Lucifer
 User

May 12, 2005

*snuggles Nory*
Lucifer
    9-14-2006  9:07 PM  
 Dildo Of Doom
 Banned!!!!!!!!!!!!

Feb. 14, 2002

*snuggles back*
    9-14-2006  9:51 PM  
 lycanthropy_mast
 User

Feb. 10, 2001

Nice work... however, some notes:

Ya is a Romanization of the Japanese kana や and ヤ. Ya is also a type of arrow.

Cuz is the IATA code for the Alejandro Velasco Astete International Airport in Cusco, Cusco, Peru.

Furthermore, in response to "2 - Not an equal to to or too. Refers to a whole number that is more than one and less than three" please note exception to rule in regards to rap and hip-hop artists. Also note Roman Numeral usage of "II" in "Boyz II Men" (also note substitution of "z" for "s" in the plural of "boy").

Finally, also note various usage of "An" when preceding a word with a silent consonant. For example, "An honest man." Various usage applies to words such as "historically", which is often stated both as "A historically accurate account" and also as "An historically accurate account", depending on region and dialect.
    9-14-2006  9:53 PM  
 Dildo Of Doom
 Banned!!!!!!!!!!!!

Feb. 14, 2002

Oh, yeah, thank you for pointing out the silent consonant. I overlooked that part of "an."

But the rest is bullshit as far as I'm concerned.
    9-14-2006  10:01 PM  
 Captain Lauren
 User

Dec. 7, 2002

LOL. Yessssss. I can finally pass my English test tomorrow thanks to you, Nory! :B

But seriously, if it wasn't for you guys 'ID STULL B TyPiN LYkE DIZ!!!1@1!"
    9-15-2006  11:57 PM  
 Anne Frank
 User

May 16, 2002

Yeah, me too.
And the Kiddo. I had to yell at him on a constant basis to not type like that. I seriously don't understand how hard it could be to extend your finger just a little bit more to reach a letter. Seriously? Why type 'ur' when your is only two letters longer? People these days. Ugh!
    9-16-2006  12:18 AM  
 Dildo Of Doom
 Banned!!!!!!!!!!!!

Feb. 14, 2002

Yeah, I was looking at Messenger's site yesterday... It had a picture of an MSN conversation and the person in it said "2morrow." SERIOUSLYWTF. It's one extra letter! Is that so hard? It's not like "2morrow" is more aesthetically pleasing to the eye or anything.
    9-16-2006  1:32 AM  
 lycanthropy_mast
 User

Feb. 10, 2001

2morrow, 2morrow, i luv u 2morrow, ur alwayz a day away!!!!1!
    9-16-2006  10:17 AM  
 merton_is_hott
 User

Jun. 5, 2002

>.<;;