bigwolfoncampus.org | Forum | Actors And Stuff | Rachelle Lefevre not returning for third Twilight ...
bigwolfoncampus.org » forum » actors and stuff » rachelle lefevre not returning for third twilight ...

Author   Thread: Rachelle Lefevre not returning for third Twilight film 
    7-29-2009  1:48 PM  
 Jen
 User

Jun. 10, 2002

According to a release from Summit this week, Rachelle Lefevre will not be returning as Victoria for the third Twilight film, Eclipse.

From Summit's web site:

Quote:
THE TWILIGHT SAGA ADDS ACTRESS BRYCE DALLAS HOWARD TO FILM FRANCHISE

Actress Rachelle Lefevre Will Be Replaced By Howard In The Role Of Victoria

Los Angeles, CA July 28, 2009 — Summit Entertainment announced today that Bryce Dallas Howard will take over the role of "Victoria" in the studio's upcoming production of THE TWILIGHT SAGA: ECLIPSE. Actress, Rachelle Lefevre, who portrayed the character in TWILIGHT as well as the upcoming release of THE TWILIGHT SAGA: NEW MOON, will not continue in the role due to scheduling conflicts with another commitment the actor has made. THE TWILIGHT SAGA: ECLIPSE will start filming in Vancouver this coming August.

THE TWILIGHT SAGA: ECLIPSE, the third film in the studio's TWILIGHT film franchise based on Stephenie Meyer's blockbuster book series, will be directed by David Slade from a screenplay written by Melissa Rosenberg. The film will be released theatrically in North America on Wednesday, June 30, 2010.

"We are incredibly happy that Bryce has agreed to come into the franchise," said Erik Feig, Summit's President of Worldwide Production and Acquisitions. "Rachelle brought "Victoria" to great screen life and Bryce will bring a new dimension to the character. The franchise is lucky to have such a talented actress as Bryce coming in to fill the role."

[deviant]

7-29-2009  1:56 PM  
 Adam
 Webmaster

Jul. 17, 2000

I'd just hopped on to post that too.

(Sad admission: I'd never heard of the Twilight novels until Rachelle's casting for the movie was mentioned elsewhere on this forum.)
    7-29-2009  2:09 PM  
 Bodacious Ta Ta
 User

Jul. 15, 2002

Be glad Adam, be very glad. And stay far away from it as humanly possible, your soul may die if you go near it.

my mind

"We're all gay inside."- Justin
"My man parts squee'd in happiness."-Justin
"You make God cry at his puny orgasm."-Justin in chat
"One liners are fun. Mine just shit genius."- me

7-29-2009  2:51 PM  
 Adam
 Webmaster

Jul. 17, 2000

I haven't gotten the itch yet to read 500 pages at a time about how beautiful Edward is.
    7-30-2009  5:06 AM  
 Milary
 User

Mar. 18, 2009

its true i found the books to be rather blah i couldnt even finish them but the movie was ok. its too bad she wont be returning sad really
    7-30-2009  9:53 AM  
 Adam
 Webmaster

Jul. 17, 2000

OooOoooOoooOoohhhh! More drama!

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118006674.html?categoryid=13&cs=1
    7-30-2009  11:10 AM  
 Jen
 User

Jun. 10, 2002

...And I was just hopping on to post the same updated controversy! haha

...Though my source is a little less credible: http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2009/07/eclipsed-rachelle-lefevre-stunned-angry-over-twilight-saga-recas/

The whole thing is very unfortunate. Love or hate the Twilight books/movies, Rachelle really did do a nice job as Victoria, and DEFINITELY fits and looks the part much better than the Terminator chick. And I, for one, always love to see our BWOC stars in major roles.
Oh well.

[deviant]

7-30-2009  1:24 PM  
 Spooka Lupa
 User

Jun. 13, 2002

This was so sad for me, because her being cast was the only reason I started reading the books and watched the movie.

I call bs.
    7-30-2009  5:36 PM  
 Duckarooni
 User

May 10, 2002

I never had the urge to the read the books or watch the movie even though Rachelle was in it. She's the only reason I'd ever watch it anyways. But that does suck that she won't be in the rest of the series because, like Jen said, I always like seeing BWOC cast in other movies, especially if they're movies that are more than just B rate flicks.
    7-30-2009  9:22 PM  
 Mar
 User

Dec. 5, 2006

Annnd she was the only reason I was going to see any more or that movie series. Silly producers.
    8-05-2009  12:59 AM  
 Spooka Lupa
 User

Jun. 13, 2002

LOL Fan conspiracy theories.

Quote:
Wednesday, July 29
Fan Reaction to Replacement of Rachelle Lefevre in Eclipse
News that Bryce Dallas Howard is replacing Rachelle Lefevre in Eclipse has set off a firestorm of reaction � and speculation � among Twilight Saga fans.

The responses range from disapointment and anger to some funny jabs and wild conspiracy theories. Here are our favorite reactions to date.

"just look at her face??? is it sparkling??"

"*rings David Slade and threatens him with a water bomb if Eclipse is anything but magnificent*"

"The TRUTH of the matter is that Rachelle was having TOO many relations with Pattinson... KStew [got] jealous, had her kicked off the shoot, and had Herbert Hoover reincarnate and delevop a cover story with Rachelle working with DeNiro... There are also rumors that she impregnated Taylor."

"Ron Howard for Breaking Dawn.... anyone?"

"Finally, improvements!!! Redhead = Reooooowr! "

And here are two (serious) reactions that ...
well, defy categorization.

"Is Victoria even in Eclipse ?"

"What! Hopefully she's back for Breaking Dawn!"

http://www.reelzchannel.com/person/177328/rachelle-lefevre?utm_source=Player&utm_medium=Player-Link&utm_campaign=Player-Referral-Bottom-Links

On a more serious note, Rachelle is suing Summit now for her pay that she would have received for the film because she claims there was a "breach of contract."

I'm so sad.
    11-20-2009  12:13 AM  
 OHYEAHshesarobot
 User

Nov. 19, 2009

yeah i read all twilight books and i thought they were gonna be bad and they were okay.
i like the character jacob(the book version) cause hes a werewolf. and i saw twilight(the movie) And thought it was gonna suck but its was okay. bad acting tho.. I was Shocked when i saw Her face pop up on the screen. i got all excited lol no ones else recognized her.
she was the attacker for once and not the damsel in distress
    11-20-2009  5:16 AM  
 Spooka Lupa
 User

Jun. 13, 2002

11-21-2009  12:31 AM  
 OHYEAHshesarobot
 User

Nov. 19, 2009

i saw new moon today and her scenes were pretty bad ass. she out ran werewolves and killed a guy
    1-16-2012  6:41 PM  
 Gerk
 User

Jan. 16, 2012

did anyone else notice that the new Victoria showed up just to die? I guess Rachelle got the better of the movies!
    1-17-2012  1:02 AM  
 mer
 User

Oct. 28, 2002

wtf spoiler alert, dude. Jesus christ.

ich bin ein berliner
ninjas are soooooo sweet
    1-17-2012  8:28 AM  
 StaticSense
 Webmaster

Jul. 6, 2010

Oh man, i forced myself to watch the first one, but couldn't go anywhere near the others, even if Rachelle was there, never really liked her lol
    1-17-2012  1:56 PM  
 Dutchy
 User

Jun. 25, 2010

I only watched the first film's trailer and that told me al I needed to know.

I did watch a clip to find out what the werewolves were like. I swear, even Tommy's transformation makes more sense than Jacob's "Wolf-mode LOL!"-transformation.
    1-17-2012  2:54 PM  
 StaticSense
 Webmaster

Jul. 6, 2010

Yeah, I hate the whole "morph into an actual wolf" move. That's why I love BWOC and Teen Wolf, they do it how it should be done.
    1-17-2012  7:49 PM  
 Gerk
 User

Jan. 16, 2012

Sorry Mer! I didn't even think about it. Everyone told me the ending to all of them because I said I'd never watch them. Then my friends made me.... I still hate sparkling vampires but I guess I can let it go. My favorite thing to come out of it is definitely the Buffy vs Edward video on YouTube! It's so great!
    1-17-2012  11:10 PM  
 Loup
 User

Dec. 13, 2000

I tried reading her first book a few years ago, because my mom was like "eeee it's so awesome, you just have to read it! The second book has werewolves, and I know how much you love them!"

SO I was like, what the hell. What could it hurt to pick up the book and read it. Who knows, I may get into it!

I couldn't be more wrong. After being pelted by armies of ellipses and a Mary-sue-esque plot line, I stopped reading about 30 or so pages in. I never saw the movies, never completely read the books, and I think I made the right choice for my sanity's sake.

HOWEVER, now that I hear Rachael was in the movie, I may have to try and watch it. I just cannot stand how the werewolves in both the film and the books were done. It would probably just annoy me too much to try to enjoy any of it.

I should also say I hate vampires, a lot. It's another reason I couldn't get into this. They get so much airtime in movies and shows. Not enough howling going on.