bigwolfoncampus.org | Forum | Random Noise | went to movies or as some call it a cinematic adve...
bigwolfoncampus.org » forum » random noise » went to movies or as some call it a cinematic adve...

Author   Thread: went to movies or as some call it a cinematic adventure -__- lol 
    7-02-2010  8:23 PM  
 OHYEAHshesarobot
 User

Nov. 19, 2009

i went to see eclipse today and i have mixed feelings, when new moon came out someone started a thread about it so im starting a thread about eclipse.

First of all im a guy and i went with my girlfriend, i was the one who read the books first and then my girlfriend, but this was wayyyyy before they announced the movies.

anyways the movie was really good i liked the fighting/chase scenes, the shatter effect when they killed the new borns. the acting was good this time, Kristen is the only one who still cant act and i didnt like the new Victoria. She was not as menacing as the way she was portrayed when Rachelle played her. I have to say that this was the best one so far. there were alot of jacob/edward moments that were funny. I probably wont go see the fourth one because i never liked the book, it wasnt as good as the first 3.

oh one thing that pissed me off is that they made jacob okay with bella's decision of choosing edward at the end. In the book jacob finds out shes still marrying edward and he gets mad and runs away. In the movie he says he would still be her friend whether she was a human or dead(vampire)
    7-02-2010  8:37 PM  
 Adam
 Webmaster

Jul. 17, 2000

"i was the one who read the books first and then my girlfriend"

You should've read your girlfriend first. Putting her second will only lead to trouble!

The only movie coming out this summer that I'm really, really excited about -- and this'll come as no surprise, considering how well-documented my obsession is -- is Scott Pilgrim vs. the Universe.

I got a free ticket to see Predators, so I'm seeing that next week. I might as well see Inception just to keep my Christopher Nolan streak going. Um, that'll probably be it for me for the rest of the summer.

(So far this summer, I've seen Iron Man 2, the brilliant Toy Story 3, and the not-very-good Nightmare on Elm St. remake. There is something so strangely entrancing about Rooney Mara, though...)
    7-02-2010  9:23 PM  
 OHYEAHshesarobot
 User

Nov. 19, 2009

lol nice word play adam,
lol i knew you were gonna see scott pilgrim but i didnt know you were a toy story fan
    7-02-2010  9:35 PM  
 Adam
 Webmaster

Jul. 17, 2000

Toy Story 2 is one of the only movies to ever make me cry. The Jesse montage kills me every time.

The "not a gun" bit at the end of The Iron Giant had me breaking into tears too.

The most embarrassing one to admit is The Bridge to Terabithia (the only live action movie that made me cry!).
    7-02-2010  9:48 PM  
 OHYEAHshesarobot
 User

Nov. 19, 2009

yeah i cried in toy story 2 and 3 lol
that fire scene in toy story 3 where they all held hands was eating away at me lol and i cried lol i fought it cause it was opening night and the theater was full and my girlfriend was sitting next to me lmao

yeah the song jesse sings in 2 broke my heart as a kid , yeah i admit it lmao

pixar movies make me sad like monsters inc made me cry too lol which theyre making a sequel to in 2012

dont get me started on the opening scenes of up
 [edited by OHYEAHshesarobot on 07-02-2010 09:52 PM]
    7-03-2010  12:59 AM  
 Dildo Of Doom
 Banned!!!!!!!!!!!!

Feb. 14, 2002

Awww, I liked the new Nightmare on Elm Street. It felt to me like there were less plot holes.

Except the blogger who died on webcam but the video was somehow still uploaded to his blog. wtf.
    7-03-2010  1:45 AM  
 Adam
 Webmaster

Jul. 17, 2000

I actually liked the Nightmare remake too, but I think it's just because my expectations were so low. The CG was embarrassingly bad, Jackie Earle Haley was perfectly cast as still-alive-Freddy but isn't even a little bit menacing as the undead flavor, and its characters are really, really dumb. I mean, they go forward with the same plan as in the original Nightmare, only that Nancy booby-trapped her house and was armed to the teeth. In the remake, the boyfriend type breaks the arm off a paper cutter almost as an afterthought. Their plan seems to go something like:

1) Drag a serial killer with razors for fingers out of the dream world and into ours.
3) Profit!

Something about someone saying "micronap" with a straight face takes me out of the whole thing too. The original Nightmare was careful to keep it ambiguous if a character was dreaming or awake...blurring the line between the dreamworld and reality...but the remake telegraphs that shift, and that saps away a lot of the strength.

Blah. Somehow, though, I'd say I still liked it. I don't know why. Maybe I should blame the thing I apparently have for Rooney Mara.
    7-03-2010  3:18 AM  
 Dildo Of Doom
 Banned!!!!!!!!!!!!

Feb. 14, 2002

THANKS FOR RUINING IT FOR ME.

No, jk. All arguments I've heard against it already, haha.

I really hated the way they did his makeup. They said they wanted to make him look like a realistic burn victim, and he DID, but the original Freddy was far more menacing. I LIKED that he didn't have realistic burns.

You're right about the final battle, but I think that's more realistic in some ways. Teens aren't known for having cunning plans, rofl. The booby traps in the original were great, very funny in some cases, but not something many real teens would even consider.
    7-03-2010  8:35 AM  
 Adam
 Webmaster

Jul. 17, 2000

Quote:
I LIKED that he didn't have realistic burns.

The wet, sticky look to Robert Englund's make-up is a lot more unsettling, and it has the added benefit of being so much more expressive. You can't act through melted wax. Jackie Earle Haley wound up looking like a Muppet, he's physically so tiny that it's tough to buy him as a threat, and the dumb dialogue he growls doesn't ring the way it would've even if Robert Englund were saying the exact same thing word-for-word.
    7-03-2010  2:01 PM  
 Dutchy
 User

Jun. 25, 2010

I watched the trailer of New Moon and I became an instant hater.

It wasn't the "teenage angst is my middle name" vampire that just the door (if that expression makes any sense to you), but the lousiest werewolf transformation EVER. He might has well transformed with a pink smoke cloud with "poof!" written on it! where was the pain and the drama of the werewolf?!

it puts shame on werewolves everywhere! >=[ seriously, even Tommy's transformation makes more sense to me.
    7-12-2010  9:00 PM  
 Duckarooni
 User

May 10, 2002

I didn't like the Nightmare remake really at all. First of all, no matter what anyone says, I still think that Robert Englund can play Freddy till the day that he dies. Everyone was like "Oh well, he's getting too old" but I think the oldness would just add to the creepy factor.

I'm not a big fan of any of the slasher remakes (Halloween, Nightmare, or Friday the 13th) mainly because the originals were so campy and hilarious. I know that they were trying to get a different take on it and actually take it a little more seriously and darker with the remakes but it just didn't do it for me. Out of all the three, Friday the 13th remake didn't annoy me as much because the original was a little bit more darker than the original Nightmare or Halloween.

A couple things that really annoyed me about the Nightmare remake was that Freddy's character was COMPLETELY different. Englund made Freddy such a dick cocky asshole who just said silly one liners all the time and in the remake they just tried to make him dark and sinister, he wasn't entertaining at all. And like someone said earlier, the Haley is so short it's hard to even be scared of him in the first place. And Haley has such a skinny face that he just looks like a burnt rat (Not that I don't like the guy or him as an actor).

The only scene that really stood out for me in Nightmare was the one where they were in the gas station/convenient store and they kept on cutting back and forth between reality and dreamland. I'd give the movie 2 stars, I even almost fell asleep in the theatre.

As for Toy Story 3, I REALLY want to see it! Everyone I talked to said that they cried and it was just really amazingly done. The only bad thing I heard about it was that when the first Toy Story came out, it was the beginning of pixar so the technology wasn't as amazing as it is today which is fine because it worked with the characters. They're movements were a little bit more robotic and because they were toys, it made them look more believable. In the 3rd one the characters moved so smoothly that it almost made them look unrealistic as toys. But that's just what I heard so I guess I'll have to find out for myself.
    5-30-2011  4:40 AM  
 breakfast
 User

May 30, 2011

with movie like music and character ... Anime, J-pop, gaming, and a few crazy whatever you want to call its All a ... Bob This is the .sig that doesn't end It just goes on and on my friend Some people started reading ...
 [edited by breakfast on 05-30-2011 04:43 AM]