bigwolfoncampus.org | Forum | Big Wolf On Campus | DVD? i got one
bigwolfoncampus.org » forum » big wolf on campus » dvd? i got one

Author   Thread: DVD? i got one 
    8-25-2010  12:43 AM  
 MikeLD
 User

Jul. 20, 2010

That would be awesome if he did it, but i have seen alot of people who wanted to release movies and never got anything done because they really did not know how the buisness worked. Im pumped just thinking about it getting released though
    8-25-2010  4:14 AM  
 Bodacious Ta Ta
 User

Jul. 15, 2002

It would have been really interesting to see the show, or at least the third season, in 16x9.

my mind

"We're all gay inside."- Justin
"My man parts squee'd in happiness."-Justin
"You make God cry at his puny orgasm."-Justin in chat
"One liners are fun. Mine just shit genius."- me

8-25-2010  5:44 AM  
 Dutchy
 User

Jun. 25, 2010

sounds promising, but how reliable should we label a guy/gal with just 8 posts on that forum?
    8-25-2010  8:36 AM  
 Adam
 Webmaster

Jul. 17, 2000

Quote:
sounds promising, but how reliable should we label a guy/gal with just 8 posts on that forum?

I have no trouble believing that he's trying. Actually saying "I've secured the rights, and I'm going to do this and this and this" would require proof, but just saying he's exploring the possibility of getting something off the ground...I can believe that.

He posts infrequently on DVD Talk, and I get the impression from his posts there that he's tried to do something similar in the past. For what it's worth, he lives in Montreal, so he may have some kind of direct connection with the folks at Cinegroupe too.
    8-25-2010  8:43 AM  
 Dutchy
 User

Jun. 25, 2010

I see quite some advantages in direct fact-to-face negotiations with the respective owners.

I don't really know, or think for that matter, if it would make much of a difference, but perhaps he could print that DVD release petition that's circulating on the web? you know, to show there's a niche market or something? Either way, just hoping this guy/gal knows the world's bigger than Canada and the US and A.

edit:
He also should check international shipping as well, not just Danish Dynamite here and I, But I happen to know there are fans all over Europe: Ireland, Germany, Finland, Italy, Bulgaria. It is, of course, not sure they'll be willing to buy a DVD since for I only know one 'in person' and the rest were just peers on Bittorrent.
 [edited by Dutchy on 08-25-2010 09:25 AM]
    8-25-2010  3:31 PM  
 StaticSense
 Webmaster

Jul. 6, 2010

Companies have released shows that have had less of a following than BWOC in the past, and they've sold nothing. What they should do, is start out with only a few hundred copies, see how they sell, and if the demand is high, release more. My guess is that cinegroupe doesn't want to sell their rights, and are probably looking to release it themselves in the future. I don't know about everyone else, but the dvds would be priceless to me, i'd probably pay any amount.
    8-26-2010  12:30 AM  
 MikeLD
 User

Jul. 20, 2010

I agree that the dvds would be priceless to me but sadly i dont have unlimmited amount of money
And since they have to ship them to Denmark if im going to buy them, its going to be more expensive.
    8-26-2010  1:21 AM  
 StaticSense
 Webmaster

Jul. 6, 2010

I don't have an unlimited amount of money but i'd be willing to pay a lot, and by that i mean, $100 a season lol. Tell you what, i'd personally ship you the dvd's for free, you'd just have to pay for the product. Since i live in Canada. Plus, i think if they do get released, it won't just be in Canada. Probably the UK aswell, and most likely Amazon.
    8-26-2010  5:02 AM  
 Dutchy
 User

Jun. 25, 2010

I have very little knowledge of business, but if they start with a low amount of copies, I don't think they will be released in Great Britain. Also, you'd have to export the DVDs to Britain first before you can sell them there. International shipments might be cheaper and less of a hassle.
but then again, what do I know?
    8-26-2010  10:28 AM  
 MikeLD
 User

Jul. 20, 2010

Thats a deal statick hehe
    9-11-2010  9:03 AM  
 Dutchy
 User

Jun. 25, 2010

I was checking that topic that Adam brought up for updates and saw this
Quote:
I was really hoping I would run into a huge fan like yourself! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for this to work out... The copyrights for the shows first 2 seasons are a bit complicated since a few companies have stakes in them. I've sent my proposal to the licensor and have a meeting coming up to see if a contract can realistically be formed with the complications. Unfortunately season 3 is owned by an entirely different company and will be looked into depending on how the first 2 seasons would pan out. I really appreciate your information on the last season being shot on HD video. I'll definitely be looking into wether the entire shows run was filmed in HD video. I checked out your website, and it is great! It is clearly THE ultimate fansite for BWOC and will be a helpful resource. Thanks!

I doubt the stakeholders will cause a lot of trouble as long as they get their part of the profit. it would be very typical of them if they would make a big fuss about our beloved series because they suddenly smell money after they couldn't care less about our beloved series for a decade.
    9-11-2010  12:41 PM  
 Adam
 Webmaster

Jul. 17, 2000

Thanks for the heads-up! I read AV Maniacs' forums religiously but somehow managed to miss that followup. I just posted again too.
    9-11-2010  7:29 PM  
 Spooka Lupa
 User

Jun. 13, 2002

That sounds cool, I hope things work out with that. You know I'll be first in line to buy the set.
    9-12-2010  7:08 AM  
 Dutchy
 User

Jun. 25, 2010

I secretly hope for extras. *fingers crossed*

assuming there will be a release, that is.
    1-06-2011  10:35 PM  
 jamespoo
 User

Dec. 7, 2010

that dvd iso has been posted on this site for download

i saw that dvd your talking about on ebay a wile ago i was going to buy it
    1-06-2011  10:57 PM  
 jamespoo
 User

Dec. 7, 2010

i bet that guy is a troll