bigwolfoncampus.org | Forum | Big Wolf On Campus | Official, high quality episodes are up on YouTube!
bigwolfoncampus.org » forum » big wolf on campus » official, high quality episodes are up on youtube!

Author   Thread: Official, high quality episodes are up on YouTube! 
    3-01-2020  4:38 PM  
 Adam
 Webmaster

Jul. 17, 2000

Courtesy of Encore+. Only a couple of episodes have been posted as I write this, but hopefully there's a whole bunch more to come!

3-01-2020  8:36 PM  
 StaticSense
 Webmaster

Jul. 6, 2010

I swear that I have the worst luck on the planet, or some could argue the best. But I predicted this would happen, especially after sending several emails to encore+.

Context:

For the past several months, close to a year at this point, I have been working on a project. I teamed up with CHIPPER (one of the original BWOC encoders, and encoder of dozens of other great shows). He was recording BWOC, which was airing on a french-dubbed TV channel, and I was working on muxing in english audio.

Of course, with my luck, this wasn't easy, and it wasn't a straight demux/remux. It essentially involved me muxing audio in 2 minute increments, then making adjustments, and repeating the process. I finished almost all of season 1, and then we realized that a french streaming website had released all 3 seasons on their platform, for free, dubbed in french. But (my luck again), they were better quality than the TV recordings. I was demoralized at this point, because I knew that I wouldn't be able to just add my newly created audio, to these new *streaming service encodes*, because of the process I had gone through, so I knew that I'd have to start the project all over again, because there was no point in using tv encodes, when the streaming service files were better quality.

I ended up taking a few months off, due to starting a new job, and house renovations. I just built a new computer and was about to start the project again, and then these are released.

Some would say that this is great news, but It's a punch to the gut, because of all the hours I've put into this project (although I knew it was always a possibility). Now, I could be jumping the gun, and getting too excited, because there's a chance they won't release every episode, but at least we know it's on their radar now, and maybe there's a good chance. So, for the time being, I have every french-dubbed episode backed up, in great quality, and If i see BWOC episodes pulled from their youtube channel, I will know that they lost the rights to the show (similar thing happened with "radio active"), and I will start the project over again, and fill in the missing episodes.

The future looks good for BWOC, to say the least!
    3-02-2020  2:42 AM  
 Juffin
 User

Jan. 6, 2020

Wow! Amazing how well it turned out, hope they keep posting more

I would love to read more on whatever happened to radio active as well
    3-10-2020  6:15 PM  
 Juffin
 User

Jan. 6, 2020

all episodes will be coming, and they will not have any issues with rights, they only release videos that are in the clear
    3-10-2020  10:51 PM  
 StaticSense
 Webmaster

Jul. 6, 2010

@Juffin

I'm referring to the rights that they have obtained. Everything that they release, they obtain the rights to. But these deals don't last forever, and sometimes they fall through. This has happened with a lot of content that they've put up. So i'm just hoping that this agreement is set in stone, and won't be terminated for any reason.
    3-11-2020  1:54 PM  
 Juffin
 User

Jan. 6, 2020

I only know from reading theit comments. They said both, that all episodes are coming and they only release videos after rights are obtained. Seeing how they only just started to upload i think were safe
    4-04-2020  3:25 PM  
 Adam
 Webmaster

Jul. 17, 2000

They're up to the first 13 episodes of season 1 right now.
    4-12-2020  3:29 AM  
 jamespoo
 User

Dec. 7, 2010

amazing
    4-12-2020  3:32 AM  
 jamespoo
 User

Dec. 7, 2010

best news ever
 [edited by jamespoo on 04-12-2020 04:03 AM]
    4-12-2020  9:30 AM  
 Juffin
 User

Jan. 6, 2020

its fantastic news, seeing how this year is going.. this is very much appreciated. Encore+ are going a awesome job, im saving each video as they come out
    5-04-2020  11:11 AM  
 Adam
 Webmaster

Jul. 17, 2000

20 episodes now!
    5-23-2020  12:27 PM  
 11milleran
 User

Sep. 20, 2009

Looks like the first season is done and they've moved onto the second season. The other streaming ones are still better quality (less cropped, more detail), but the YT ones are definitely a massive improvement.
    6-21-2020  7:27 AM  
 edabomb
 User

Jun. 23, 2002

The continuity of season 2 has been off. Apparently they are playing them in the order they were written, season 1 all seemed to make sense although I'm not sure if the original order had any issues.

Maybe season 2 was originally shown in the correct order.
 [edited by edabomb on 06-22-2020 10:53 PM]
    9-07-2020  9:07 PM  
 OHYEAHshesarobot
 User

Nov. 19, 2009

Man it's been ages but I got the higher quality episodes in my recommended after watching the old grainy ones I used to subscribe to on youtube and ran here to tell you all but not surprisingly everyone still active on here already knows.

I hope everyone is well!